Electronic Technician/Hardware Technician
Summary: Extensive experience in repair, maintenance, and
troubleshooting computers, servers, and advanced electronic equipment.
• Server 2008, 2012, 2016 • Electronics; microwave, digital, industrial
• Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP • OS Installs; computers, servers
• Linux; Redhat, SUSE, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, CentOS • Communications; technical writing
• Software; Word, Excel, IOMeter, FIO • Analyzers; Lecroy, Xgig
• Scripting; BASH, and Batch • Raid configuration; Raid 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60
• Certified; A +, Network + • Team oriented, reliable, flexible, fast learner
• Test equipment; oscilloscope, signal generator, digital multimeter, digital logic probe
Experience • , including remoting
using VNC, Remote Desktop and Cisco Any Connect.
Microsoft / Mindtree, Redmond, WA 2018-Present
Hardware Technician (in Data Center)
• Installed Windows Server 2016 and prepared servers for testing, including installing DIMMs, NVMEs, HDDs, and SSDs, including racking servers.
• Updated firmware on BMC, BIOS, NVMEs, HDDs and SSDs in servers to prepare for testing.
• Maintained inventory of servers, DIMMs, NVMEs, HDDs, SSDs for deployment.
• Troubleshooted Azure type servers and debugged hardware problems.
Gray Construction / Signature, Anaheim, CA 2017-2018
IT Tech / Helpdesk
• Prepared PC’s, Desktops and Laptops, with Windows 10.
• Migrated data and software from user’s PC’s with Windows 7 on them to the Windows 10 PC’s, and installed printers for each user.
• Helped users with Windows 10 technical problems.
• Installed PC’s to workstation areas and assisted IT with other tasks.
Thales / Morson, Irvine, CA 2016-2017
Sr. Systems Technician (Aerospace)
• Installing, configuring and trouble-shooting sytems of IFE (in flight entertainment) in test racks, including Cabling and set up.
• Reading schematics, diagrams, and other written and verbal instructions, in order to accomplish tasks.
• Training and/or assisting others with all tasks.
• Setting up laptops with dual boot OS, Windows 7 and Ubuntu.
Prosum / LBUSD, Long Beach, CA 2015-2016
• Repaired LCD and DLP Projectors, including Epson, InFocus, and Panasonic.
• Repaired Document Cameras, mainly Lumens.
• Repaired this equipment down to the component level, soldering and replacing it.
Western Digital, Irvine, CA 2011-2015
Hardware Technician (in Data Center)
• Test enterprise class hard drives in Linux and Windows server environment, with 3000+ servers, including Dell, HP, Lenovo, Acer, and others.
• Hard drive firmware maturation via thorough testing to uncover bugs and potential interoperability issues.
• RAID array creation/management with various SAS/SATA controller (LSI/Avago, Adaptec, Atto, Promise)
• Reporting and documenting issues on Issue tracking database, similar to RMA process.
• Work on customer reported issues: Reproducing/debugging customer found issues.
, including remoting using VNC, Remote Desktop and Cisco Any Connect.
CSTS Inc., Brea, CA 2003-2010
Electronic Technician/Junior Systems Engineer
• Tested and repaired servers, computers and computer based electronic testing equipment, including plumbing of gases
• Set up Desktop stations and repaired them
• Developed documentation and efficient work flow for common tasks
• Assisted engineers with building prototypes, verifying new designs and writing test procedures and technical manuals
Freelance and Consulting
Zoggit Computer Repair Service, Mission Viejo, CA 2005-2015
• Personal PC repair (Owner)
New Horizons Computer Learning Center, Anaheim, CA
Associates in Electronics Engineering Technology
ITT Technical Institute, La Mesa, CA
Institute of Networking Technology, Signal Hill,CA
ET "A" School, US Navy, Great Lakes, IL
Available upon request